Amgueddfa Cymru: My Story of Wales
Wales is rich in history and culture. Everyday, diverse audiences across Wales have unique stories which deserve to be told and heard. The #MyStoryofWales campaign encouraged people to pay a visit to Wales’ national museums and to share their own unique stories or experiences from the museum and their surrounding areas.
- To increase our Amgueddfa Cymru Instagram page followers by 500 (currently 4490)
- To achieve minimum 100 posts with the hashtag #MyStoryofWales across all museum platforms
- To achieve minimum 200 engagements via sharing, retweets and regrams
- To achieve minimum 1 press story per site and 3 for the museum family relating to the campaign in local and regional national press and online press
- To engage at least 7 influencers / bloggers to work with the museum – 2 working across North Wales / North West areas and 6 in the South Wales / South West areas
Pieces of coverage
#MyStoryOfWales hashtag uses
Instagram following growth
To encourage visits, the campaign used through three main components: social media, press and digital marketing. We:
- Worked with well-known influencers who could share their story for regional Welsh media titles including Hollywood actor Luke Evans (Big Pit & National Roman Legion Museum) and BBC presenter, Huw Stephens (National Museum Cardiff & St Fagans)
- Pitched newspaper columnists to share their memories in print and online
- Brought travel and lifestyle bloggers and TikTokkers on board to share stories of museum visits on their channels
- Created a bilingual social content calendar for the Museum’s channels. Instagram Reels were the stand-out!