Welsh women’s football is on the up, but visibility, awareness and confidence are issues at grassroots. Our campaign- awarded gold for best social media campaign in Wales by CIPR- encourages, inspires and empowers girls across Wales to play, watch and engage with ‘the beautiful game’ through an Instagram channel targeted at 13-24 year olds.
- To develop content that inspires confidence in teenage girls to play, watch, follow, engage or work/volunteer in all levels of the game
- To increase monthly average engagement on likes and comments per post by 60%
- To grow the BE Cymru Instagram channel by 50% over 12 months
- To increase overall engagement on the platform by 50%
Increase in average post engagement
Increase in average impressions
CIPR Gold winning social media campaign
To achieve our goal of developing a platform with engaging content for teenage girls which breaks down barriers in football, our strategy was to create content that highlighted opportunities for girls in every level of the game. Our content was driven by the behaviour change framework EAST: easy, attractive, social and timely.
- Established four key content themes to plan and create relevant and engaging content, from wellbeing to for the love of the game.
- Real-life micro-influencers are central – real girls who love football and can inspire other girls to play, work or volunteer in the game.
- Storytelling formats include BE Tîm, a magazine sharing real stories; Message to My Younger Self, which sees players share lessons learned since childhood; lifestyle Q&As with national players; Club of the Month; BE Confident Q&As on topics like discrimination and bullying.
- Chartered Institute of Public Relations awarded our campaign gold in digital and social media in October 2021.