The Celtic Routes project is a cross-Irish Sea set of collaborative counties in Ireland (Wicklow/Wexford/Waterford) and Wales (Pembrokeshire/Ceredigion/Carmarthenshire) who formed a partnership to deliver a tourism heritage project aimed at bringing Celtic culture, spirit and soul to new audiences, showcasing the ancient relationship between the two countries. We led on PR, media relations and social media to target UK and international travel enthusiasts.
- Target travel enthusiasts in the UK/Ireland/France/Germany/US and encourage them to visit
- Harness the collective strengths of the two regions, to maximise visitor spend
- Deliver fourteen press/influencer trips
pieces of coverage
OTS print and online coverage
Instagram and Facebook reach
Content from the Campaign
To ensure the highest standard of delivery, we went above and beyond to deliver well-organised and engaging press and influencer trips, by utilising the communication and planning skills of our bilingual team members who are fluent in several languages. This resulted in a successful list of campaign outtakes:
- Identified staycation market in the UK/Ireland, and international travel markets in Germany, France and the USA.
- Crafted tailored invites for targeted, tier-A titles and bespoke pitches for key international journalists.
- Delivered 22 press trips, including 12 pages in the British Travel Journal, a full-page article in Le Monde (France), a double page spread in The Sun and a piece in Lonely Planet Germany.
- Three influencer trips and two bespoke content partnerships.
- We created six themed Celtic Chapter newsletters to garner press trip interest and achieve coverage outside of trip features.
- We produced and delivered weekly social media content to inspire a new generation of travellers, to create an active and engaged social community.