Church in Wales: Centenary Campaign
A celebratory and revelatory series of films- and a campaign to find them an audience- that shone a light on the role the Church in Wales has played in people’s lives for the past 100 years, looking forward to a bright future.
- To celebrate the Church’s centenary through a series of films that captured its journey over the past 100 years
- To showcase the work the Church does in communities across Wales today
- To show how the Church collaborates with a broad and diverse range of partners to find new audiences
- Finding an audience for the centenary films through a target ad campaign on Facebook and Twitter
Reach on launch film
Views on launch film
Click-throughs to website
Our campaign worked with a diverse range of partners to find new audiences to ensure the Church continues to play a prominent role in people’s lives for the next 100 years.
- Launched with a modern take on a classic nursery rhyme, providing a narrative for the role the Church plays in local communities throughout Wales. As well as filming numerous wedding, baptisms, and services, we also captured puppet shows, dementia cafes, after school clubs, and monastic singing as well as lighting up St. Tysilio on Church Island on the Menai Strait in the dark of night.
- Collaborated with gospel and grime artist Guvna B where he wrote an original track for the Church’s 2020 advent celebrations, adapted from a gospel passage on the theme of light in darkness.
- Produced documentaries on the history of the Church, as well as its work with Syrian refugees.
- Rethought Easter celebrations during Covid-19 with a retelling of The Passion and live-streaming Mass from Brecon Cathedral.
- Created a social media campaign to promote the centenary film to different audiences across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, along with an accompanying PR campaign which secured TV coverage on BBC Wales and with Media Wales.