Discover Carmarthenshire: Digital advertising for Wales’ cycling hub
To help position Carmarthenshire as the cycling hub of Wales, we created digital ads across YouTube, Facebook and Instagram. The adverts promoted Carmarthenshire as THE place to go cycling by using a short, highly visual film of the county’s best routes. To reach the most relevant audience, the ads targeted people interested in cycling, sports, fitness, holidays, travel and the outdoors.
- To encourage people to explore the Discover Carmarthenshire website and the 23 different race routes
- Raise awareness of the cycling on offer in Carmarthenshire
- Inspire people to come visit the region once travel restrictions allow.
impressions from the digital ads ran on YouTube, Facebook and Instagram
views on the video
clicks through to the Discover Carmarthenshire website
Content from the Campaign
The cycling focused digital advertising campaign outlined above was rolled out during a lull in the pandemic in 2021 and was largely targeted at an in-Wales audience. The results of the campaign were so effective that we are now running multiple digital advertising campaigns on behalf of Discover Carmarthenshire to promote their mountain bike and walking route offering, and are amplifying this to a national UK-wide audience. Results are already extremely positive.
- The YouTube ads directed 623 people through the Discover Carmarthenshire website. The bounce rate for the users who came from the YouTube ads was very low at 2.75%, showing that 97.25% of users visited more than one page, averaging 3.33 pages per session. These stats show that the people the ads reached were interested in what was on the website, and they wanted to know more.
- The Facebook and Instagram ads resulted in 16,995 click-throughs to the Discover Carmarthenshire website with a CTR of 1.2%, which is higher than the Facebook average of 0.80%. The bounce rate for these users was also very low at 4.54%, showing that 95.46% of users visited more than one page averaging 2.39 pages per session.