Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water: PestSmart
A multi-channel campaign targeting people across Wales which set out to change behaviours around pesticide use in a domestic setting, offering educational information around how to use, store and dispose of pesticides correctly and providing natural alternatives to try at home to replace pest and weedkilling chemicals.
- Educate people around the proper use, storage and disposal of pesticides to in turn reduce the levels of chemical traces being discovered in water in Wales
- To position PestSmart as the leading resource for information and advice for pesticide users in Wales by creating a comprehensive microsite and suite of supporting content
- To raise awareness of the negative effects of pesticide misuse
- To increase understanding of best practice for the usage and disposal of pesticides
- To reduce overall reliance on pesticides by promoting chemical-free alternatives
- To encourage people to visit the microsite for information.
Short films created
Clicks delivered from the digital advertising campaign.
Combined follower count from the 5x relevant influencer partnerships.
The multi-channel campaign targeting people across Wales set out to change behaviours around pesticide use in a domestic setting, offering educational information around how to use, store and dispose of pesticides correctly. The campaign provided natural alternatives to try at home to replace pest and weedkiller solutions with chemical ingredients.
- Building a bespoke bilingual microsite for PestSmart as a place to drive the public to in order to get important information on using pesticides. It is a user friendly, engaging and practical site which hosts a variety of content.
- Writing over `5 advice and information-led blogs that are evergreen and linked to the campaign’s key messages and themes to share best practice advice for using pesticides safely in a domestic setting and alternatives to use.
- We developed a series of five videos that linked to each of the campaign key themes and, importantly, are not time sensitive, meaning they can be used seasonally for years to come. We also created a video that mimicked the step by step recipe videos seen on social media to produce a ‘step-by-step natural solutions to pests’ guide.
- Through our PR work, we secured broadcast coverage with key media outlets – BBC Radio Wales’ Country Focus and ITV Wales’ Coast & Country – which included interviews with Welsh Water’s Dr Phillippa Pearson and PestSmart ambassador Terry Walton.