Play Wales – Playful Childhoods
The aim of our campaign, #TimeToPlay, was to increase awareness about Playful Childhoods as the go to organisation for children’s play in Wales and included a survey-led press release, curated media package, vox pop films and a paid for social media campaign.
We have also been filming a documentary capturing the essence of play and why children love to play which will be shown in cinemas across Wales later this year.
- Increase awareness about Playful Childhoods as the go to place for guidance and support around children’s play for parents and carers
- Generate 500,000 social impressions
- Reach 100,000 people on social media
- Generate over 15,000 social media engagement
- Increase Play Wales website traffic by 25%
total PR reach
people reached on social media
likes, shares, comments and website clicks.
website traffic increase
Using the survey stats as a hook and to craft a media story, we were able to position Playful Childhoods at the forefront of our target audience’s minds with coverage secured in local papers, online, on the radio, on a podcast and across social media via a targeted paid for campaign.
- We secured 12 pieces of coverage everywhere from BBC Wales Online, Teachers Talk Radio to regional and hyperlocal titles across Wales resulting in a total reach figure of 42.8m.
- Our initial KPI of increasing website traffic was a goal of 25%. At the end of our campaign, website traffic increased by 274.2% on the English webpage and 514.9% on the Welsh webpage.
- The digital ads ran on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube generating 1,100,708 impressions, reached 340,623 people, delivered 7,492 website clicks, which cost just 44p each.