Sport Wales: Back in the Game
Back in the Game. That’s what we aimed to encourage and motivate people across Wales to do in 2021. To return to exercise as lockdowns lifted through an inspirational and informative multi-channel integrated campaign.
- Motivate people to be active
- Give people confidence to safely return to exercise and sport as restrictions ease
- Raise awareness of the opportunities available across Wales in line with Welsh Government guidance
pieces of media coverage
click-throughs to website
Instagram sticker views
community groups engaged
Activity was launched across two phases: Phase one was aligned with the easing of restrictions to allow group exercises both outdoor and indoor, gyms and leisure centres reopening and close contact sports to resume. Phase two was launched as Wales came out of lockdown, the school summer holidays began, and we had a summer full of international sport ahead of us to inspire the nation.
- Created Back in the Game/Nôl yn y Gêm, a bilingual brand name, look, feel, narrative and messaging
- Shared inspiring stories of people across Wales who were returning to exercise and sport in their own way. All case studies fitted into the target demographics to give audiences role models to follow back into the game.
- PR earned bilingual stories across online, print and broadcast
- Created a launch film and case study films for use on socials
- Graphic content for social media included Instazines and quote posts using case study photography
- Created Instagram stickers
- Targeted key audiences across Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Display Ads
- Ran community outreach through Facebook community groups and leaflet drops in community hubs to reach people across Wales
- Engaged with both high-profile and micro-influencers to share the campaign messaging
- Strong results in a post-campaign ComRes insight survey of the general public
- Exceeded targets across a range of KPIs.