Visit Wales: This is My Wales
Storytellers from across Wales share their secrets of lesser-known corners of Cymru in a digital campaign aimed at driving tourism.
- Tell digital stories from some of Wales’ hidden spots to an in-country audience.
- Use search insights to inform content.
- Create one story package per month from August into the autumn shoulder season and Christmas.
total Facebook reach
No one speaks more passionately about Wales than its natives. So, our strategy was to find champions who could share secrets from their corner of the country.
- We enlisted five individuals/couples to tell their stories – they were Lisa Jen, singer and actor from Bethesda; Huw Brassington, ultra marathon runner from Pen Llŷn; Esyllt Sears, comedian from Aberystwyth; Rob Morgan, owner of Gower Christmas Trees from Gower; Nina and Joe Howden, owners of Silver Circle Distillery in the Wye Valley.
- Each person took our film team to 3 or 4 places local to their home, from cultural spots, to restaurants to family activities where we interviewed them to find out why that place was so special to them.
- The films were part of five bilingual digital content packages focusing on different parts of Wales including long read travel articles, social content (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram grid and Stories), Pinterest boards and photography.
- We used search insights and trends to inform our content, e.g. responding to a rise in searches for ‘road trips’ during the autumn by making an Aberystwyth road trip video.