Welsh Government: Here to Help with the Cost of Living
We partnered with our agency pals at SBW on an integrated campaign for the Welsh Government – spreading the word on the financial support available to people in Wales during the cost of living crisis. We ran an influencer campaign and a media relations programme directing audiences to Advicelink Cymru, allowing people in Wales to access support they didn’t otherwise know about.
Image courtesy of SBW Advertising
- Raise awareness of the different benefits and other financial support people in Wales can access
- Highlight the support offered by the Welsh Government to people across Wales during the cost of living crisis
- Increase awareness of Advicelink Cymru, the Welsh Government citizens advice support service
- Encourage more people to contact AdviceLink Cymru to check what they’re eligible for
total PR opportunities to see
total pieces of coverage
pieces of content shared
Our role in this bilingual campaign involved media relations and influencer comms. Coverage came in four phases: the campaign launch, stats on the number of people in Wales claiming financial support, advertorials and an op-ed on behalf of Jane Hutt, the Minister for Social Justice. Influencer content ranged from Tiktoks and Instagram reels, to blog posts and community Facebook groups.
- Issued a press release using data from Beaufort Research and the Welsh Government’s omnibus survey on the % of Welsh people who don’t know where and how to access financial support to help them through the cost of living crisis and highlighting the support on offer from Welsh Government
- Following a speech from the Minister for Social Justice we picked up on the newsline that over 300,000 sought financial help over Christmas.
- Secured online and print advertorials in Wales Online, the Western Mail and the Daily Post signposting to the Fuel Support Scheme as the application deadline approached.
- Secured a spot in the Western Mail for an op-ed on behalf of the MSJ, Jane Hutt on her work on the Energy Price Guarantee.
- In total we received 18 pieces of coverage with an OTS of 1.46 million.
- Worked with influencers to target strategic audience groups across Wales inc. parents, working adults and minority groups.
- Ensured a balance of Welsh language content via Welsh speakers and increased exposure for those who wouldn’t usually see Welsh language content.
- Content was tailored for each influencer depending on their specialism and following.
- Content received over 300,000 impressions across just six influencers, with Cardiffmummysays and Katiesaves reported that followers contacted them to say they received financial support as a direct result of their posts.