Welsh Government: Looking Out for Each Other During Covid-19
In March 2020, Welsh Government turned the focus of its Communities channels to providing support for people across Wales during Covid-19. Our aim was to make Wales’ communities feel supported throughout the pandemic.
- Make a microsite a one-stop hub to share information, advice and encouragement with supporting and isolating audiences.
- Create social content to bring the advice from the microsite to life.
- Curate the best examples of the good ways people are helping others and themselves in the community.
bilingual films created
#HomeNotAlone hashtag uses
We created a microsite and social content providing information, advice and encouragement for supporting and isolating audiences. Using creative storytelling, our team created content to bring this advice to life. This included:
- Sharing information and advice directly into communities about the campaign. In total, we reached out to 94 community groups which had a combined following of 89k.
- We created a range of creative content on social media- from advice posts to colouring sheets- to help engage communities and people across Wales. We managed to reach over 3 million people, an audience roughly the size of Wales, engaging them with our content. We shared the content across Facebook and Twitter and increased the audience by 6,140.
- Home Not Alone with Rob Brydon: We brought the actor on-board to film a video in his kitchen about conversations you can have with isolating relatives, friends and neighbours. Rob shared from his own social to his 2.1m followers (300+k reach, 20k engagements).
- Luke Evans poem: We wrote a poem about lockdown, bringing together all of our key advice on supporting yourself and others, which Hollywood actor Luke Evans performed and posted to his social followers 4.5m across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (450k reach, 16.5k engagements).
- #HomeNotAlone Heroes: We created videos shining a light on those people going the extra mile to help others in their community. This included a medicine-delivering Casualty actor, a Ramadam Relief Group, bakers and a hand sanitiser gin companies. We created 17 videos which had a reach of 350,123 and 3,666 engagements.