Woodland Trust: My Tree, Our Forest
A tree for every home in Wales, free of charge. Our multi-channel integrated campaign reaches and recruits audiences across the country know how and why they should play their part in the new National Forest for Wales by taking a tree home, caring for it and watching it grow.
- To inspire all 1.3m households in Wales to get involved
- To engage households who are not naturally engaged with tree planting and proactively encourage those from diverse communities and backgrounds.
- Inspire individuals and community groups to get involved – as part of National Forest for Wales
- Maximise planting and successful nurturing of trees
reach across all social channels
During the pilot phase of the My Tree, Our Forest campaign, where the first 5,000 trees were given out over the course of a month, we:
- Tested three campaign brand concepts with focus groups before developing the final, fully bilingual brand that offered flexibility to work across different media and sit alongside the Coed Cadw, Welsh Government and National Forest for Wales brands.
- Designed and ordered a range of hub assets including feather flags and roller banners to equip the five hubs with campaign branding.
- Produced video content from the launch event to use across Coed Cadw and Welsh Government’s social media.
- Issued press releases for the five regional hubs, and the ad-hoc pop-up hubs, which generated 29 pieces of coverage and a reach of almost 8.5m
- Using the new branding, we provided Woodland Trust with copy and images for 60 social media posts across Twitter, Facebook & Instagram (Grids & Reels). This included more than 15 bespoke graphics touching on topics ranging from hub locations or information on the National Forest for Wales, to providing tree care tips and asking the Welsh public to send in their tree images.
- We used hyperlocal Facebook groups to reach even more communities across Wales.
- To help encourage people across Wales to collect one of the first 5,000 trees available at the five hubs and pop up hubs in March, we set up ads to run across Facebook and Google Display network.